The Cochise Team is all about having fun — from the very first time you click into the bindings and go. Designed for the Jr. Freeride skier. A rockered tip and tail, lightweight poplar & beech wood core, and a 95 mm waist give it a surf-like feel in the pow and make this into a real freeride ski. For the freeride skier not quite ready for the adult version, the Team will take them to new levels.
Determining the right ski length is not as simple as plugging in your height and weight. Although these are great factors to provide a starting point, there are other factors such as snow conditions, preferred terrain, ski category, and personal preference that should also be taken into account.
The general rule is for your skis to measure somewhere between your chin and the top of your head. With expert level skiers often choosing skis slightly above their head.
(ft & in)
Once you have determined your recommended ski size range, now you need to decide if you prefer a longer ski or a shorter ski. In general shorter skis will be easier to maneuver while longer skis will be more stable. Narrower carving skis with smaller turn radiuses and full camber can be skied shorter, while wider all mountain and freeski skis with more rocker can be skied longer. Rockered skis have a shorter contact length with the snow which makes it easier to pivot and steer, however we recommend sizing up skis with a lot of rocker in order to maintain stability.Below are several reasons to help you make this decision.
The right size ski for your child is best calculated by their height and weight.
The general rule for junior skis is that they should measure somewhere between the child's chest and nose.
Ski Lenghts (cm)
Follow these simple steps to make the right selection:
1) Determine your child's height and weight.
2) Find your child's height on the below chart.
3) If your child's height is between two of the listed heights, find their weight and proceed as follows:
• If child is light for their height, use the shorter height. (This will result in a shorter ski recommendation)
• If child is heavy for their height, use the taller height. (This will result in a longer ski recommendation)
1) Once the correct height has been determined, follow that row across to the suggested ski length column.
1) Within the suggested ski length range there are several reasons to size up or down. See below chart for recommendations in making this decision.
your height -5 CM
Flipcore is a revolutionary process to create rocker where the ski is molded in its final rockered shape. The natural rocker shape is produced wihtout having to bend or artifically shape the ski. The advantages of the final result are natural flex,even pressure distribution throughout the ski, increditble floatation in powder snow and excellent stability.
Specifically designed rocker in the tip and tail with camber underfoot increases the carving character on groomed trails while maintaining flotation off the slopes.